cacti and cwidders

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Wed Jul 19 19:59:01 EDT 2000

[intoxicants]

+ to the point, I've added various other obsessions and habits over
+ the years -- do you realise some cacti are nearly as exciting as
+ books --

Do you combine the intoxicants and the cactus cultivation? There are
two completely fascinating nurseries in Lincolnshire - Smithfield Nurseries
which is more conventional and Glenhirst Cactus Nurseries which does all kinds
of exotic succulents, including peyote.

+ Has anyone else ever been in trouble for reading during foreplay?

During? Reading in bed, certainly, but no, no, not during physical interaction.

+ So, having established some credentials here comes my wisdom
+ on drugs -- they don't offer an escape from reality. What happens,
+ what one feels in altered states of consciousness, is just as real
+ as anything else.

Er, I dunno. Sometimes the semi-profundity of off-your-face pronouncements
are just silly. Certainly while under the influence of good cookies, I have
had solid sessions of pure unprofound giggling.

And the "standing on the table" quotation actually happened - I didn't say it.

There's a germ of truth, though, in that people who are interesting remain
interesting whilst ingesting substances, and people who are dull acquire no
gloss from drug-fuelled energy or insight.

+  As for books, however imaginary the world, I find
+ I need some connection to what is real and true, if only in the
+ emotional sense.

_Cart and Cwidder_ emphasises the importance of having an idea in a song or
dream, and the importance of saying "This is True" in a considered way.

Tanaqui