Cats

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 19:23:08 EDT 2000

Tanaqui said
> My male sweetie runs a website about MMS, which the author himself finds
> rather too comprehensive (MMS was a bit surprised to find pictures of his
> cats that he hadn't actually seen before they appeared on the site).

The cats are lovely. the website's not bad either.

This reminds me I've seen the great pics of Melissa and Jacob's
kids too now. When everyone was discussing literary baby names I
thought we might talk cat names too.

I've had a Pushkin (ginger and white fluffy tom). Kish, a Sumerian
city (black and white) Cirocco, Pushkin's tortie and white daughter,
called after Cirocco Jones, John Varley's eponymous Wizard. Like
her namesake she was known as Rocky but ended up as
Roxiecat. Then there was Halo, a rather strange rescue cat, his
surname was Jones too, from the Judge Dread character. He
preferred MR H.

My current three are Alex, from Alexander the Great, Vespa, from
Vespasian, as well as the wasp and the scooter (very nippy kitten)
and his sister Camberwell Beauty, a rare British butterfly, known
as Camberwell or -belle.

A lot of my names are historical rather than literay. The car
connection is accidental. The Scirocco is a British car, Cirocco the
cat's mother was Clio, which became a car. Then I had a lodger
with a dog called Skoda, a risible car at the time, he was the
slowest pup in the litter apparently. Vespa I did on purpose.
                                           Ven.