misc

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 19 02:52:06 EDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, jessie wrote:

> I have a copy of Door into Shadow (#2) going begging.  Would you like it?

And if she doesn't, I would!

> For me there is a great richness to
> ToTC, but I seem to be thoroughly in the minority concerning it.

Include me in that minority, now I've read it again. I hadn't read it
for so long that I'd forgotten more than half of it. The best part is
when Vivian tries to translate the text in Universal Symbols. Well,
one of the best parts, at least.

> BTW, ToTC does involve an adult (Elio) intimately in the action;

I don't know whether to label Elio as an adult. If I didn't know
better, I'd put him at about fourteen because of his particular brand
of seriousness. Granted, he's older than anyone else (barring Faber
John), but he doesn't *get* any older.

   Irina