[RE: Philosophical Rambling: Escapism]

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Tue Jul 18 19:32:39 EDT 2000

I've never smoked and just being in the vicinity of someone who is makes me
ill.  No drugs, though I do drink socially and when we go out to eat.  I've
never drunk to the point of puking, but I did get tipsy in college every now
and then.  I don't crave alcohol at all, though I do crave books.

I don't think books qualify as a drug, though they can be quite mind-altering!

My mom and I went out for lunch last week and saw a kid and his dad waiting
for their food.  The dad had a newspaper spread out over the table and the boy
was intent on his fat Harry Potter #4.  It was really cute!  Needless to say,
I am waiting for paperback.

Sarah