Reading to excess

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Tue Jul 18 05:43:26 EDT 2000

Jennifer:

+ We had a no-books-at-supper rule which my brother and I were always trying
+ to bend.

Jennifer, did you see the 10-minute Newsround special on Harry Potter on
Friday? Most of it was terribly depressing (3 kids with lightning scars on
a Platform 9.75 wondering who the other Voldemort-scarred ones were, Quidditch
re-enacted as a ground sport notably deprived of Bludgers and with a fairy-
winged kid toting goalposts). The good bit was a small Northern boy who
gleefully recounted how he'd managed 3 chapters without his parents' permission
last night, and they hadn't even noticed.

The absolute book-love on his features and the arch sidelong glance from
camera to his father - fantastic.

Tanaqui