Reading to excess

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 05:30:05 EDT 2000

 He thinks reading should get him off of chores, bedtime etc.
But we
know better.
Robin Gillespie

Oh, god, I still remember the agony of being told to stop reading and tidy
my room or something- having to drag myself back into this world. Wails of
"But I'm nearly at the end of a chapter!"
We had a no-books-at-supper rule which my brother and I were always trying
to bend. And now I can read whenever I like, heh-heh, except that *I* now
have to stop myself in order to get to work on time and so on. Why isn't the
world organised around reading time?
Jennifer