eye function

Philip.Belben at pgen.com Philip.Belben at pgen.com
Mon Jul 17 13:34:10 EDT 2000

Irina, quoting Sally (I think):

>> And what the heck is the eye function?
>> I visualise a sort of force-field contact lens.. anyone else know better?
>
> My conception of it is a force-field eye-glass that extends all
> around the eye, like an invisible glass cup. When Jonathan puts on
> the mind-shield suit, it interferes with it; if it was a contact
> lens, it would be well inside the head covering. Of course, it might
> be the shielding itself interfering, but I get a distinct impression
> that it's a simple case of something physical trying to occupy the
> same place. Also, Vivian sees it shimmer in front of his eyes; you
> don't usually see contact lenses unless you're looking directly into
> someone's eyes.

Good description, Irina.  I'd not thought of it in so much detail before, but I
like your description.

Someone whose message I accidentally deleted thought that lens (cornea?) surgery
would be a better solution.  I wouldn't have thought that was an option at
Jonathan's age, since eyes are still changing an awful lot at that time.  Might
be something to do later (age 20 or more), although if everyone wears a belt all
the time, why bother?

Philip.

by those to whom it is addressed.

confirmation.