Philosophical Rambling: Escapism

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Jul 17 12:24:26 EDT 2000

>Hallie's mail ticked me off on another tangent:

:-)  I hope it didn't really tick you off!

>So,as an afterthought (and forgive my nosy questions ;): do any of you
>smoke? Or regularly take part in alcoholic excesses? Or did you at any
>point in your life, and did you read much?

Interesting question!  I've never smoked, never been drunk (and drink about
an average of a glass of wine a month now), don't do drugs.  But at one
stage when my life felt really rotten, I was addicted to Regency romances.
Truly addicted.  Once I didn't need this much escapism, I reverted to a
normal all-purpose book-addict.

But DWJ smokes...

Hallie.