Nostalgia was re A new member/can you recomend a DWJ book

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 00:29:55 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/16/00 6:27:21 PM, pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au writes:

>I remember, as a teenager, avoiding all the books aimed at teenagers,
>which were all about teenagers with problems.
>I suppose they were supposed to make you feel you weren't alone, but
>what I felt was that I had enough problems of my own to worry about
>without having to worry about theirs as well. :)

I avoided books for teenagers too. But back when I was one it was all sports
stories for boys and soppy semi-romances for girls, and who wanted to read
that stuff? (Problem books burst out about the time I was graduating from
college. In my teens I went directly to murder mysteries and kept right on
reading kid's books regardless of what strange looks I got from the
librarians. (I will admit I also got a bit of friction over checking out
books from the adult collection untill I got pretty well into my teens.)