Nostalgia was re A new member/can you recomend a DWJ book

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jul 16 21:25:09 EDT 2000

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Irina Rempt wrote:

> I was a teenager at the time, and I positively hated all those
> "problem books" that were being thrown at me by parents, teachers,
> the media, in fact everybody except the school librarian who
> understood me and gave me _The Weirdstone of Bringisamen_ and _The
> Spellcoats_.

I remember, as a teenager, avoiding all the books aimed at teenagers,
which were all about teenagers with problems.
I suppose they were supposed to make you feel you weren't alone, but
what I felt was that I had enough problems of my own to worry about
without having to worry about theirs as well. :)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."