eye function

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sat Jul 15 13:59:28 EDT 2000

>Now, my take on the eye function was in the nature of a localized force
field
>covering pretty much the same area that a pair of glasses would and that it

Does this imply that both boys are short sighted? I'd have expected lens
surgery to be the preferred option - though come to think on it there
doesn't seem to be a great deal of medical practising going on.

On another slant, I expect everyone has noted the similarity between the
Guardian of Iron (ToTC) and Mordian (Hexwood) and another character whose
name escapes me but who appears in Aunt Maria. Even Lady Marceny's son in
SWM has similarities... (avoiding spoilers here, but if anyone wants me to
be more specific I'll do the proper S-P-O-I-L-E-R thing down the page.

DWJ is always original, but she does repeat some signature themes and this
is one of them.
Sallyo.