dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #186

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 07:50:35 EDT 2000

Yes, I think Sacred Ground is very good. I suppose I didn't think of it in
the same category as the Arthurian stuff as it's set in Modern-day
American/Native American society and not in a past magic-immersed culture.
Jennifer

> With all the Arthurian/Celtic fantasy around why doesn't there seem to
be
> much based on other societies where magic was part of their lives?
(Apart
> from Sallyo's Australian things of course!)

I would highly recommend Sacred Ground by Mercedes Lackey. I think this
is
her best book although I like lots of the others. The book is based
around
Native American customs.

Chris