Racism in Harry Potter

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 20:08:17 EDT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 Mary Ann wrote

> I have to say, though, that racism of preceisely this type is absolutely in
> the British school story tradition. If you haven't yet read George Orwell's
> essay on boy's magazines, may I recommend it as fascinating?

This remiinds me of something I read once by F. Tennyson Jesse.
She wrote a spoof on boy's adventure stories called Moonraker. Its
years since I read it but in the introduction she said something like
"one englishman was worth two frenchmen, four germans, eight of
any other european and an infinite number of men of any other
race. That just about says it all really.
                                           Ven.