Personal Ads - Which Character?

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Jul 13 13:03:29 EDT 2000

Hi!

I recently read a personal ad which went like "Looking for Sirius
Black. Your owl will reach me at ...". Apart from the fact that I
hadn't read the Prisoner of Azkaban by then and was at a loss who was
meant by that name (and that I was angry while reading it that I knew he
couldn't be as bad; it wasn't THAT kind of newspaper ;), after reading
the ad I wondered why that woman had chosen Black as a model for her
future partner. I mean, the first thing you think of is that he was in
prison for 12 years and suspected of being a traitor - even though he
was innocent, I wouldn't want someone like that! If it had to be a HP
character, I'd rather choose Dumbledore or Rebus Lupin (gotta love a
man who's under a curse every 4 weeks ;], or Faramir or Drizzt Do'Urden
(maybe) or Hiro Protagonist (yay! real good-looking, that one), or Mr.
Darcy if you're into the tall dark ones(I think he's tall and dark a
little lik e Colin Firth ;) or Dalamar if you do have a turn for the bad
guys... (or, if I was a guy, Alanna Moonblade and Eowyn come to mind...)

I guess this is quite an obvious question, but who would you put in a
personal ad like that one (apart from thinking them delectable;) ?

Britta

P.S.: and I didn't name any dwj characters because I can't remember any
of the heroes well enough, and Nick in "Deep Secret" isn't my type...
ok, I'll stop whining about not having gotten my ordered books yet ;)

P.P.S.: You may notice the absence of the super heroes like Aragorn or
Tanis; I think they're a little too serious and too hero-like, if you
know what I mean
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,