dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #186

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Jul 13 06:39:36 EDT 2000

Jeniifer said, among other things:

> (I always want to know how people cook, too).

Do you know DragonLance? It's a series of books written to
a D&D roleplaying scenario, and though it's not as good as Tolkien or DWJ,
the first few volumes are real funny - you can feel that people were
roleplaying this and then writing the books. There's loads of DL books on the
market now, but one I really love is "Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home",
which has songs, small tales, herbology and - you guessed it - recipes.

I loved to cook those, because there's a story to them - and it's fun to go "mmm,
this Elvish waybread is nice"...

There's also a few funny "story recipes", by a kender / gnomes, which go like "do this,
do that, get someone else to cook that".

Britta, who likes the fact that Elves are vegetarians