dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #185

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 18:25:05 EDT 2000

Date sent:      	Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:13:55 -0400
From:           	owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net (dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones))
To:             	dwj-digest at suberic.net
Subject:        	dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #185
Send reply to:  	dwj at suberic.net
Jennifer wrote
> BTW I think third years would be 13-14, not 14-15, although if your birthday
> was right at the beginning of the school year you'd be 14-and-nine-months by
> the end of the year. (My birthday is in July so I was always one of the
> youngest, but luckily I was tall.)

I was wrong about 15 but it was the summer term so David would
be about to become a fourth year, giving a minimum age of 13 and
9 months, max 14 and nine months. So if Dwj was using the then
standard year numbering the average is 14 and 3 months. This
pushes up the initial impression of Luke's age a bit too.

                                           Ven.