(Fwd) Re: Luke and Astrid

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Wed Jul 12 10:15:39 EDT 2000

Philip wrote:
"The school where I obtained most of my secondary education had two years
for the
5th form (lower 5th and upper 5th)..."

uh...

"...and a "remove" between fourth and fifth
forms."

A wha?  Is that when they bring out the palate clearing sorbet?  Finger
bowls? Fruit and cheese?

"So I was in class 3B when my 12th birthday happened."

Aaaah.  The aaah of non-comprehension...

"Not that this proves much - the junior school attached to my school simply
numbered its years 1 to 4, so my brother had his 10th birthday just after
finishing the 3rd form there."

brief illusion of clarity dazzles mine eyes...

"(In case you're working back and wondering why he wasn't in the 1st form of
the
senior part of the school, the senior school actually _started_ with the 3rd
form...)"

nope. Back to confusion....

Elise
I always suspected this education business was *really* meant to baffle....