Luke and Astrid

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Mon Jul 10 11:43:48 EDT 2000

Ven speculated:
"Hmm I'm wondering if the Frys (the fertility gods that is) had anything to
do with this, they did say "what shall we do with this one?) on p 118."

Good point!  I hadn't read 8 Days in a looong time, and I've finally
acquired a copy and recently re-read it.  Now I'm going to have to read it
again in light of all this (not that I consider this frequent re-reading a
problem!).

This last time I read it, before this topic began to be canvassed here, I
was idly wondering if Astrid had a fling with Thor.  I was guessing him
because of the day they were down at the river and she was chatting with
him.  I don't really recall much else that hinted that way, though.

Elise