Money

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Sun Jul 9 21:01:07 EDT 2000

Back to my favourite off topic topic. my last mail on this subject
trailed off rather.. As an addendum to the subject of primitive
valuables (and Mary Ann, I'd like to see your list of strange money)
heres something i did to my role playing group. To cut a very long
story short (don't worry I know how tedious blow by blow rpg
accounts are) a bunch of medieval italians were excavating a very
old flying castle that had crashed into a swamp. The original
inhabitants had been traders, eventually the players turned up what
looked like,  indeed was a treasure chest. Nicolina, the avaricious
Venetian wharf rat, was first in, snatching up a marvellously
preserved cloth bag she tipped it out to reveal ..................
"Wooden Money?"  Oh the tones of incredulous contempt.
"Wooden. Money." Thats the kind of thing I role play for. In that
particular chest, stuffed with oddities they found the sea shells, the
feather necklaces and, actually rather valuable, the box of stone
willies. Later on I let them have the pearls and the amber and the
gold bars and so on,  I'm not that cruel.

--
Ven