Linotype Fonts (was: Re: Censorship)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Jul 7 12:02:31 EDT 2000

Philip:

>IIRC, early Puffin DWJ tended to be in Juliana.  Cart and Cwidder I think was;
>or you could try Wilkins' Tooth.  I also have some Nicholas Fisk in Puffin,
>using that font.

That was particularly dim of me.  I checked Wilkins' Tooth (which isn't),
but totally forgot Cart and Cwidder, which sits in a bookcase right beside
the computer (and is).  There's something about that copy of C&C which
feels so flimsy and cheap compared to other Puffins of that vintage, that I
really dislike it.

Now that I've seen it, I've realized that you lot seem to possess a
discrimination I lack.  I would certainly never have noticed anything about
this font as a child.

Hallie