Censorship

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jul 6 07:42:43 EDT 2000

Irina:
>Yes! Not as a kid, though, but in my twenties when I seriously
>started buying Puffins. Some of the Narnia books, I think, and _The
>Farthest Shore_. I think if someone had typeset something mediocre in
>Juliana, I'd have thought it was marvellous just because of that.
>
>I actually like Linotype Pilgrim even more, but nothing at all is set
>in *that*; I only base it on the sample on the poster that used to
>hang above my desk in the office where I worked then.

None of this rang any bells with me, so I had to go look at a few of my old
Puffins.  I've my old copy of Wizard of Earthsea, and a new Puffin copy and
both are in Linotype Pilgrim.  Still haven't come across the Juliana yet to
compare, but I didn't check all the Narnia ones yet - the ones I looked at
were Garamond.

Hallie