Baby Announcement

bill-sarah at mindspring.com bill-sarah at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 4 20:47:18 EDT 2000

> >This also applies mainly to the romances I've read (I go through cycles,
> and just went through a romance one, so that's how I know, and I'm quite
happy
> to be back in sf/fantasy) but also to the newest Jane Yolen books. . .
>
> Probably because she and her family spend part of each year in Scotland
these
> days. (They have a time share.).

Yes, but I also feel that the new ones, the Tartan Magic books, they're
called, just aren't as good as they could and should be.  My impression of
them has been that she's trying to sort of catch the Harry Potter wave with
the similar theme of a kid who thinks he/she's normal, goes somewhere, and
discovers magical potential.  I do like a lot of JY's books, but I just
haven't found this new series up to her standards.

Lizzie