Baby Announcement

bill-sarah at mindspring.com bill-sarah at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 3 21:12:54 EDT 2000

On all the literary names:

    It could be worse.
    I'm Margaret Elizabeth--both names about as typical as you can get.
(When I was twelve I changed my name to Alisande, from a Christopher
Stasheff novel, but other than that I've always been Lizzie.)  I was named
after my grandmothers.  What I've always done to make up for it is use
aliases all over the place.  On mailing lists, to join things. . . well, not
very often, really, because my mom's a lawyer and I'm always worrying about
legality and identity and stuff.  The other thing I did was pretend I was
named after someone from a book or history.  Elizabeth like the queen of
course. . . and Lizzie from Pride and Predjudice.

Lizzie