Baby Announcement

Jill Wadsworth jill at e-z.net
Sun Jul 2 14:45:52 EDT 2000

....I
> backed myself into classifying Orson Scott Card's _Ender's Game_ as
fantasy to
> preserve a hasty overgeneralization I'd made that I didn't like any
science
> fiction: I liked _Ender's Game_ and didn't like science fiction;
therefore,
> _Ender's Game_ could not be science fiction.)

This sounds so like me it's not even funny. Only added to that is also
Bujold's world. She's definitely Science Fiction.

I think the difference in these books is that the Science part of the books
are simply incidental; the characters are the main points, and so we don't
get the "technobabble" that other authors tend to use.

Jill Wadsworth