Baby Announcement

Tony Fox tonyfox at beeb.net
Sun Jul 2 10:36:57 EDT 2000

  Anyone else have a period of time, or a geographical location, they
> really dislike?  (Is that too strange a question?)  At least I think it's
> that time period (1830-1870 roughly).  Cause I like _Tess_ just fine, and
> _Jane Eyre_...maybe it's modern stories set in that time period rather
than
> contemporary works.

If the blurb on the back says that a book is set in Ireland or South Africa
between 1800 to 1950 I put it straight back down. Don't ask me why - I think
I just got fed up with reading about The Troubles although I realise that it
is probably not very PC to say so!

Chris