Book IDs (a longish delurk)

Mon Jan 31 18:39:42 EST 2000

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:46:17 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:27:22 +1000 , PREISIG Kylie wrote:
>
>>> Bujold.  In fact, I just finished Hamilton's Obsidian
>>> Butterfly (hardback,
>>> ick) and found it excellent as usual.
>>
>>Ooooo!!  *Casts jealous looks across the Pacific Ocean.*
>>
>>I really hope the library gets this in soon!  At least they have it on
>>order...

We'd loan it to you, but you live too far away.  Bummer, huh?  (Our
cheapskate friends really depend on us for copies of things they don't want
to buy in paperback.  They'd buy them, but they don't have room.  Or
something like that.  Hmph.)

>Jacob wrote:
>Though I'm half ready to toss the whole corporate culture on its collective
>ear today and just quit.  It's been a very trying day . . .  Maybe I'll prop
>my copy of Obsidian Butterfly on my desk to remind me why I'm doing all this
>. . .  Well, next to the picture of my unfond-of-starving wife and children.

I'd be very very surprised if you actually have a picture of us.  Also, you
loaned out _Obsidian Butterfly_ on Saturday.  I could bring you the dust
jacket if you want.  ;)

Money is really only good for what you can buy with it.

Melissa Proffitt
(who is, come to think of it, just the slightest bit hungry right now)