Book IDs (a longish delurk)

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jan 31 12:55:30 EST 2000

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:49:46 -0000, Abigail Gawith wrote:

>My taste in books doesn't seem to tally too well with most of yours.  In the
>realms of fantasy and science fiction, my favourite contemporary authors
>(other than DWJ) are Barbara Hambly, Connie Willis, Robin Hobb, Sheri
>Tepper, Tim Powers, Barry Hughart, Rosemary Kirstein, Laurell K. Hamilton,
>Simon R. Green, Paula Volsky, David Feintuch (although I didn't care for his
>foray into fantasy) and Lois McMaster Bujold.  I haven't read most of the
>books that have been discussed recently - I've never read any McKinley, took
>against McCaffrey early on

Your tastes square very well with mine, actually.  I love Barbara Hambly,
Connie Willis, Robin Hobb (though I was turned off by the new ship one),
some Sheri Tepper, Barry Hughart, Laurell K. Hamilton, and Lois McMaster
Bujold.  In fact, I just finished Hamilton's Obsidian Butterfly (hardback,
ick) and found it excellent as usual.  I haven't read the other authors you
mention, but it looks like our tastes are remarkably similar.  I like the
first six or so books by McCaffrey, so we may differ there.

Jacob Proffitt