gossip (sorry)

Bodil Gram bodil at cutisan.dk
Wed Jan 19 08:39:49 EST 2000

Philip wrote:

>I must admit I'm sorely tempted by Skiver's Guide, even if it is L15.

Aurgh.... I can't control myself any longer.  I have been sitting on my
hands for about a month now, but it really is soooo silly that I sit here
and look at a pile of fresh, new envelopes and a "master" set of copies of
my Skiver book.  It takes about 3 minutes to dump the master set in the
tray, produce a nice, warm set of new copies and stuff them in one of those
big envelopes I bought before Christmas.

Philip, send me your snail address and the problem is solved in a few days.
There really is no need to take out a mortgage on both house & car just to
be able to afford that tiny little book.

>But I haven't heard of Guardian Angels before.  What is it?

No idea, but I found another weird title in the database of Library of
Congress the other day:

Witch's business.
Dianna Wynne Jones;
       New York, Dutton [1974, c1973]
       168 p. 22 cm.
       $5.95
Frank and Jess's scheme to earn money by hiring out as revenge seekers
seems like a good one until they discover they are in competition with a
witch.
  Language        Call Number      LCCN                   Dewey Decimal
ISBN/ISSN
 English (eng)    PZ7.J684 Wk    73019633 /AC   [Fic]
0525430881

Does anybody know what this is?

Friendly greetings,
Bodil

Bodil Gram,  Aabent Universitet i Koebenhavn
www:  http://coco.ihi.ku.dk/~gram/privat.html
e-mail:  gram at hum.ku.dk