[Re: Beastly Manipulations--Was Beauty w/ spoilers]

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Wed Jan 19 23:24:43 EST 2000

JOdel at aol.com wrote:
What is more, While I do not know Ms. McKinley's present age, I think we can
all safely suppose that she was a good deal younger in 1978. (Indeed, as I've
said before, BEAUTY has the feel of being the work of an extremely YOUNG
author.)

Just to put in my two cents as an obsessed McKinley fan...BEAUTY was her very
first book and was actually accepted by the very first publisher she sent it
to (LUCKY!).  I think it happened just after she got out of college.  She had
the Damar stuff already in her head, but was overwhelmed by the amount of it
and wrote BEAUTY to kinda sidestep Damar for a bit, coming back to it later.
I might add, to keep this on topic, that McKinley is a fan and friend of DWJ.
She even wrote some reviews.  Oh, and she will be 48 on November 16th of this
year.

Sarah