Madeleine Brent

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 16 18:57:52 EST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Tarja Rainio wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:48:24 +1100, SallyO wrote:
>
> > Madeleine Brent's real name is Peter O'Donnell and he writes
> > (wrote?) a series about someone called Modesty Blaise.
>
> Wow, what a surprise!!! I never would have guessed that. And I like
> Modesty Blaise (the comics especially, but the books are ok, too).

I don't think he writes the comic strip any more. It's rapidly going
downhill, too - I'm actually seriously thinking of stopping reading
it.

The only Modesty Blaise stories I've read that I know were by Peter
O'Donnell was a collection of short stories, starting with Modesty and
Willie's first job as a team, and ending with their final ever
adventure.
And it was definitely better than some of the comics.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."