Books in Series

Sun Jan 16 02:05:13 EST 2000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:27:22 +0100 (CET), Irina Rempt wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:32:11 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:
>
>> >Just a bit of trivia - does anyone remember a
>> >trilogy that started with a book called Witch's Sister?  Just trying to
>> >remember that one.
>> >
>> By Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, yes.
>
>Oh, thank you, thank you! I read "Witch's Sister" as a teenager and
>never realized it was the first in a trilogy, or remembered who wrote
>it.

I went and supplemented my memory at the library database afterward.  The
second book is _Witch Water_, and she wrote three others after _The Witch
Herself_...oh, great, now I've forgotten all THOSE titles...anyway, one of
them was _Witch's Eye_.  I'm toying with the idea of re-reading the series
and adding the later ones.

>>  (I hope.  Have you all noticed that my
>> memory has finally started to go?  For anyone who's never been pregnant,
>> this is possibly the most bizarre effect it has on the human body.  It's
>> like a whole lot of little roadblocks in my head--I *know* the information
>> is there, but I can't trust myself to retrieve it any more....)
>
>I know ;-)  Twins seem to be worse. Also, it takes up all one's
>creative energy.

It's like being sucked dry somehow.  The writer Anne Lamott says something
about how babies are born clutching a little piece of your brain in their
tiny fists....  It's always such a relief when, about four or six months
after the baby's born, I feel myself go back to normal.  Unfortunately
anything I learned DURING that time is fuzzy.

Melissa Proffitt