P.C. Hodgell update

Sat Jan 15 17:41:25 EST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:05:03 -0600 (CST), Karen M Frederickson wrote:

>As I mentioned before, a friend of mine was a grad school classmate of Pat
>(P.C.) Hodgell - I asked her if she could find out what Hodgell is doing
>at the moment.  I just got the news. Hodgell lives in Wisconsin,
>teaches literature part time, and is working on an Ivanhoe fantasy sequel.

She's writing WHAT?!?  What does she think, her time is her own or
something?  Like she's allowed to write anything unrelated to the Kencyrath
series?  These writers....  ;)

(What does that mean exactly, a sequel to the original Ivanhoe?)

>God Stalk, Dark of the Moon, and the short story "Bones" are going to be
>reissued bound together as a trade paperback, out this June, by a small
>press called Meisha Merlin.  Seeker's Mask should come out next year, and
>Meisha Merlin wants the fourth Jame novel, as yet unwritten -- but
>plotted.  She said that the MM editions should be available in most
>bookstores, unlike the "elusive, expensive" Hypatia edition.

They seem to do well with distribution--lots less expensive too.  I don't
blame them for wanting the next book ready before they start publishing the
third.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Karen!  I really love this series.

Melissa Proffitt