collated comments: favorite authors (LONG!)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Jan 15 16:40:18 EST 2000

>Sherwood Smith - Becca
>---Sarah: I found her two CROWN books too predictible to enjoy very
>much.-Sarah

Really? Why did you find them so predictable? I found them-- don't know the
right words. (Argh! I wish I was older! [Well, that's a first.] ) I mean I
knew, for example, who was going to end up with whom, but I'd say anyone
could tell that. I just realised how bad that sounds--no offence intended.
Could you really tell what was going to happen? I would recommend the Court
& Crown duet to people who liked DWJ--but I am interested in your opinion.
Cheers,
Becca

note from the ed. - er - mother.  You have NO idea how incredibly
restrained this is for Becca.  I think she wanted me to write this footnote
to her letter, so she could be mature, and disciplined and write a
reasonable, non-confrontational letter, and still have everyone know that
all this has nothing whatsoever to do with how she really FEELS!  Which I
hope is not *quite* violent.  Not only does she love these two books
deeply, she also loves the author, who wrote the nicest letter imaginable
back when Becca wrote to her.  So now the record is straight.  Hallie