dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #121

Sat Jan 15 17:38:30 EST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:31:44 EST, Devra at aol.com wrote:
> And there was one book by Carol
>Noland?  The Power of the Rellard--I really liked that one; should have taken
>it when my library discarded it, instead of waiting a day and finding the
>custodian'd trashed it.

I remember reading that one, but not much else about it for some reason.
It's possible I didn't finish it...no reason why, I suppose.  I remember the
first part was interesting anyway.

>Melissa, I still don't know who is supposed to get the tape next.  Of course,
>I could just keep it for my greedy self...

Well, you *COULD*, but I'm sure people would be coming to your house to beat
you up or something nasty like that.  Where's our friendly neighborhood
coordinator Jenwa?  <jhsung at MIT.EDU> if you want to contact her directly, I
suppose; she's got the list.

>Devra--off to Colorado Springs for a weekend of Renaissance and Medieval food
>conference....yum.

Wow, fun, that's probably where you are as I'm writing this.  I'm facing
having to write a review of a Truly Awful book without sounding too nasty
and yet not giving anyone the impression that I actually endorse the thing.
Very tricky.

Melissa Proffitt