Odile (and other names)

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 15 17:15:22 EST 2000

I found this on another mailing list:

   There's also 'odi, odisse' (to hate)

Reminded me of Odile (in _Deep Secret_) right away.

Another thing about names: usually I detest meaningful names in
books, and it was about the only thing I didn't like unconditionally
about _Rose Daughter_, but I didn't hate it as much as I might have
if the book hadn't been so well-written on the whole.

(Am I rambling? very tired, and just heard we'll get to take
possession of our new house at last on Valentine's Day, hurrah!)

   Irina

irina at rempt.xs4all.nl (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
        http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/index.html (home)