Madeleine Brent

Fri Jan 14 15:22:37 EST 2000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 01:33:16 +1100, Sally Odgers wrote:

>> You mean Australia isn't an exotic setting?  Full of tough crocodile
>hunters
>> and mysterious aboriginal dreamwalkers and critters that someone tossed
>> together from all the leftover bits from other continents?  :)

>No crocs in Tasmania, no mysterious aboriginals, either. We have a few
>people of aboriginal descent, but with most of them you wouldn't know
>unless they chose to tell you! Critters - yes! We have platypus in the
>river and native hens in the paddocks, cockatoos and kookaburras in the
>trees and wallabies and devils in the bush. Oh, and possums, ringies and
>brushies, potaroos and bandicoots and such. Nothing really exotic, though.

But...what about the Tasmanian Devil?  The ravenously hungry spinning
beast--oh.  I'm informed he's just in cartoons and that actual Tasmanian
devils don't look like that.  Ah well.  :)

>>Tasmania is cool and green; supposed to be a bit like England. I wouldn't
>know, since I've never been to the UK.

Me neither.  I've been to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side, that's it.

>BTW, if you get transferred to Tasmania, come and call on us! I can't keep
>up with you and Jacob IQ-wise, but we could always talk DWJ!

We're just good at faking intelligence.  :)

Melissa Proffitt