Rose Daughter

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 14 12:35:55 EST 2000

On 12 Jan 2000, Sarah Imholt wrote:

> Irina & Sally-
>
> Let me know how you like ROSE DAUGHTER--I loved it.  I was in a daze for quite
> a while after I read that one, then I passed it on to my roommate (I read it
> in college when it first came out) and she also was sucked in and blissfully
> put textbooks aside.

It's magnificent, but very heady - I haven't finished it yet, I can't
take it in larger doses than 10 pages or so if I want to avoid
walking around dazed (I can't afford that, I'd forget to do any
shopping and cooking and to take the kids to school). _Beauty_ is a
lot lighter.

If I allowed myself the luxury, I'd probably finish it in one
sitting, like I did _Fire and Hemlock_ - bought it at Manchester
airport, read it on the plane to Amsterdam, on the shuttle, on the
station, on the train, back home with my coat on until 4 in the
morning, and only then realized where I was :-)

   Irina

irina at rempt.xs4all.nl (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
        http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/index.html (home)