Naylor and Snyder

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Fri Jan 14 11:02:28 EST 2000

Somehow I always confused these two...

Was it Naylor who did the York trilogy, maybe 15-20 years ago? I remember
loving it at first, but being disappointed with what Naylor made of it. But
it had a very resonant premise, something about parallels between medieval
York, England and modern York, Pennsylvania, USA.

Snyder:I love The Egypt Game, but my favorite of hers is Black and Blue
Magic. As I recall from rereading years ago, some of it feels dated, and
some of the kid characterizations are a little too "aaaw-shucks" for me, but
the premises and the plot lines are really well done.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.