Madeleine Brent

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Fri Jan 14 09:33:16 EST 2000

> You mean Australia isn't an exotic setting?  Full of tough crocodile
hunters
> and mysterious aboriginal dreamwalkers and critters that someone tossed
> together from all the leftover bits from other continents?  :)

No crocs in Tasmania, no mysterious aboriginals, either. We have a few
people of aboriginal descent, but with most of them you wouldn't know
unless they chose to tell you! Critters - yes! We have platypus in the
river and native hens in the paddocks, cockatoos and kookaburras in the
trees and wallabies and devils in the bush. Oh, and possums, ringies and
brushies, potaroos and bandicoots and such. Nothing really exotic, though.

Tasmania is cool and green; supposed to be a bit like England. I wouldn't
know, since I've never been to the UK.

Sallyo.
BTW, if you get transferred to Tasmania, come and call on us! I can't keep
up with you and Jacob IQ-wise, but we could always talk DWJ!

“A lot of women would flee screaming at the sight of Sergeant Paul. He
looks like a grand piano.” (Trina Garland KISSING COUSINS
http://www.fictionworks.com/ekissingcousins.htm).