dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #114

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 12 15:55:41 EST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Sally Odgers wrote:

> I've never read three of the Dalemark ones, Melissa. I tried one and didn't
> much like it (heresy!) so I've not gone for the others.

Which one did you try to read? I know that if I'd read _Drowned
Ammet_ first (in fact it was either _The Spellcoats_ or _Cart and
Cwidder_ in the atrocious Dutch translation I mentioned earlier) it
would have put me off; I only enjoyed it (sort of) because it
completed the world.

> Today I got two books in the mail; one was ROSE DAUGHTER (McKinley)

That's great! I bought it last Saturday because I went to a meeting
that had been called off - but the person doing that had sent it to
the address we will be moving to next month. I was so pissed off
(travelled two hours to get there) that I had to buy a book to
console myself :-)

   Irina

irina at rempt.xs4all.nl (myself) - http://valdyas.conlang.org (Valdyas)
        http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/index.html (home)