Madeleine Brent

Wed Jan 12 13:28:27 EST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:46:30 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>Sally said:
>	"No, Victoria Holt is a woman. Her other names are Eleanor Hibbet
>(her real
>> one) and Jean Plaidy."
>>
>	Isn't she also Philippa Carr?  And I think there was another name
>too...maybe it's Plaidy.

Jean Plaidy is the other one.  Probably that's why I got mixed up--so many
pseudonymns, what's one more?  :)

Actually I discovered something odd when I was checking our library catalog.
Now, remember that this library system is TERRIBLE...but still, they had
something like 90 entries for Victoria Holt, 38 for Philippa Carr, 90 for
Jean Plaidy--and 3 for Madeleine Brent.  I had always thought that Brent was
one of those Big Names in Victorian romance, so I thought this was strange.
Also they had no links to any other names under Madeleine Brent, or any
notes on the author's real name.  I got so used to being able to use the
library catalog as a research tool....

Melissa Proffitt