Steven Brust

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Wed Jan 12 00:11:05 EST 2000

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:13:53 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>	Umm something about a gypsy (maybe even called Gypsy).  Some
>janissarie one a long time ago... a couple of others all vague now because I
>didn't finish them.  Was there a vampire-y noir thing?

I liked 'Gypsy', but it's a little on the artsy/confusing side (ala 'Wizard
of the Pigeons').  I like that kind of thing, though.  I'm not sure what the
vampire-y noir thing could be, though.  There's *a* vampire-like critter in
the Jhereg novels (Sethra Lavode), but she's hardly central or 'noir'.

I *love* 'Jhereg' and the rest of that series as well as 'The Phoenix Guard'
and that series.  Phoenix Guard has the added compelling element of being a
tribute to Alexander Dumas' 'Three Musketeers'.

Jacob Proffitt