Bujold

Wed Jan 12 00:08:35 EST 2000

On 11 Jan 00 19:31:07 PST, Sarah Imholt wrote:

>I also got started on Bujold because of this list's recommendations, and I
>read CORDELIA'S HONOR, but which book am I supposed to read next?  I am a
>stickler for reading a set of books IN ORDER....can anyone give me a rundown
>of the list?

Check the back of any of the most recently published books (i.e. even the
republished editions of the earliest books) and you'll find a timeline of
events, with the books each happens in.  But that will sort of give spoilers
for the series...

The Warrior's Apprentice
The Vor Game
Cetaganda
Brothers in Arms
Mirror Dance
Memory
Komarr
A Civil Campaign

The book _Borders of Infinity_ contains three short stories set in a frame
story.  The frame story takes place after _Brothers in Arms_, and you can
read it at that point in the series; if you want to be a complete stickler,
read "The Mountains of Mourning" after _Warrior's Apprentice_, "Labyrinth"
and "The Borders of Infinity" after _Cetaganda_.

Melissa Proffitt