Touchstone

Sarah Imholt Arahsae at netscape.net
Tue Jan 11 22:54:49 EST 2000

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca wrote:

 And,on a different topic,speaking of clever students getting
along uneasily with less clever teachers, last night at  a reading of As
You Like It, a couple of lines leaped out at me.  "By my troth, we that
have good wits have much to answer for.  We shall be flouting; we cannot
hold."  This from Touchstone, the marvellous fool.

For those of you who have read Garth Nix's SABRIEL, is this where Touchstone's
name comes from?  I never understood why Sabriel said it was a fool's
name...the only touchstone I was familiar with was as in Touchstone Pictures,
like the movie company.  Haven't read enough Shakespeare!

Did I include Garth Nix in the list of faves?  I should have.  He is an Aussie
author--Sally?  SABRIEL is in the same vein as Robin McKinley's books; his
SHADE'S CHILDREN is darker s/f.  Both very recommended.

Sarah