The Perilous Gard

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Tue Jan 11 19:10:31 EST 2000

	Alexandra wrote:
	"All these raptures are occasioned by The Perilous Gard, which I
read this
> afternoon (and this about promising myself that I'd put it away, like a
> sane and diligent girl, and do my homework first)."

	Ooo, you just read it for the first time!  How exciting!  I wish I
could selectively forget favorite things, after arranging for rediscovery.
Then I could read it again for the first time!
	In ten years will you remember the homework delayed or the book you
discovered?  Need I say more?

	"I've nothing productive to say on the topic (I'm a chronic
> overparticipant myself and I've just decided that I'm quiet enough on  a
> day to day basis to make up for it), but my heart goes out to you."

	I should have known this list would be where the other enthusiastic
over-participants were hiding from me.  Now how is it that I've always met
the Too Cool, the apathetic, the jeering - but not the enthusiastic??  It
must be because you were all off somewhere reading.

	Elise