Your thoughts on an Amazon.com Review of "Dark Lord"-spolier

lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu
Tue Jan 11 17:18:55 EST 2000

Hello!

First off, wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to the
"language" and "translation" threads.  The poem was terrific.  As a
language lover myself (working on Spanish, French, and a little German),
I thought the discussion was great! And I'm in awe of you translators--I
know how tough it is.

I was on Amazon.com today and saw a review of "Dark Lord of Derkholm" that
raised an interesting point.  I'd love your thoughts on it.  Since it
contains a spoiler...

The review was entitled something like "gang rape" and it talked about the
part where the soldiers attack the protagonist's sister (Shona? or
soemthing like that)  That was a section that bothered me a little too
when I read it.  Since DWJ wasn't explicit, I was unsure whether the rape
was completed or not, but the intent was clearly there.  And I remember
being a little put off by the way someone just does some sort of memory
spell to make the woman forget the incident nd it's never brought up
again.  It's been a while since I
read it (obviously), but I would be interested to know your thoughts about
that part.

Wilkommen, Briita!  Wie geht es dir heute? I love how international this
list is.

Laurie