Steven Brust

Tue Jan 11 16:28:38 EST 2000

>Stephen Brust - Deborah , Jenwa, Melissa
>---Elise: I just can't get into his tales, but I don't know why.  Best I can
>think of is that he and I have a really different focus on what we think is
>important - so he tells what is important to him and I wonder why he is
>skipping everything important to me.  But I'm not sure. Maybe if you guys
>talk about him some more and what you like about him, this fog will lift
>from my mind.

Which of his books have you read, Elise?

What I like most about his books is that they are *constructed*.  He is
always pushing the limits of his ability and trying something new--with
technique, with character, things like that.  I'm both interested in the
story and caught up in the intellectual challenge of trying to figure the
plot out before he reveals it.

Melissa Proffitt