Recommended DWJ books?

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 08:26:13 EST 2000

>>(Also, one thing that bugs me in Deep Secret - what is the order in which
>>Simon,
>>Will, Zinka and Rupert became magids?)
>
> Maybe someone else will remember the exact details - I just remember that
> Rubert was last - and didn't Will make sure he always stayed aware of the
> fact!

As I see it, we are presented with the following, more or less explicitly:

Simon, Will and Rupert were consecutive and close together, so that Stan had to
sponsor them all rather than just one.

Zinka was after Simon.

Rupert was last.

See my problem?

Also, if it is supposed to be the most recent Magid who sponsors the next (e.g.
Rupert sponsoring Maree), why is Stan, in his eighties, sponsoring people as
young as those three?

Possible solution:  Rupert wasn't last, Zinka was.  But Rupert still has to
sponsor Maree because Zinka is not sufficiently experienced.  Rupert is
generally described as the "youngest " magid, but not (I think) as the most
recent.  But it still bugs me.

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.