Over-participation (rant, sorry)

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Jan 11 01:48:58 EST 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:09:31 +0100 (CET), Irina Rempt wrote:

>And how do I face her next week when term starts again? Do I just
>keep silent, hiding the fact that I know and understand things? When
>I ask a question I'm not showing off, I genuinely want to know;
>should I ask stupid questions?

My approach to situations like that is to be as kind and understanding as
possible, but to let her work out her own hang ups.  If you hold back
yourself, you deny who and what you are.  You may also hold back an insight
that is needed by another in the class (even the teacher).

Jacob Proffitt (who teaches adult Sunday School in our congregation)