On the spot

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jan 10 14:06:58 EST 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:39:40 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>	There's a site called Ask The Headhunter, where the said headhunter
>really comes down on this approach of needing experience to get a job that
>will give you experience etc.    On the other hand, it can work to an
>applicant's advantage in that you can offer on the spot to demonstrate your
>competence in the position  - which I think would be a much more fun &
>useful interview experience than most of mine have been.  But I completely
>digress.

There's been a bit of uproar about this very thing.  Some employers were
using 'tests' for applicants to get free labor.  Some went so far as to
require an applicant test for positions they just neglected to ever fill.
Weird what people will get up to with a complete lack of scruples.

Jacob Proffitt